Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, February 10, 2014

DD 5.35 ... It all comes down to love ...

How much snow did you get? Are you wearing boots, hat, and gloves??
We got some snow, not that much though ... I still convinced my companion to let me ride my bike though :-D ... totally worth it!!!!! I busted out my boots to play in it with Asato Choro this morning ... We may have gone sledding on shovels and it was totally sick!!!! He has never seen this much snow before and everyone else here hates it so we just went crazy!!

Are you riding your bike in the snow? Or walking and riding the train?
Mostly we walk, but we ride a little too now that it's packed down a little bit.

I'm well aware of how crazy I look ...
We are sending your package tomorrow. Anything else you need or want?? last call!
My running watch would be nice to have ...

Did you get your iPad Mini's yet?
Check the bottom of this eMail ...

Are you getting any holes in your pants?
I actually got one in my grey pants, I fell on my bike, before the snow. See additional details below.

How popular is Chinese New Year in Japan?
Not very popular ... unless you’re Chinese ... Then they go all out.

Do you ever ride on the Yamanote line?
No ideas what that is. (Note from the parentals: it is only the most used and the most congested subway line in the world … It circles the Tokyo metropolitan area)

Do you need a tool kit for your bike? Do you have one?
The little hex wrench set that I have might be nice in the package too ... Thanks!!

Do you repair your bike yourself? Or does someone else help you with it?
Mostly myself ... Or the guy at the shop is way sweet and does it all for free here in Chiba.

How do you keep your suit pants out of the bike chain?? Rubber band?
I bought a little strap thing made for that purpose ... In a city of over a million bike riders they wolfed that problem a while ago.

Any problems with your feet? Warts?
They are tired from walking and jump roping and running around ... But that's all.

Should we try sending fudge again? Or should we try something else?? Ideas?
The fudge was delicious!!! More would be great!!! And this week was pretty interesting. BTW.

We decided to ride our bikes to the ocean one day for exercises, and it was amazing!!!! I'd forgotten how much I love the ocean. And we were there super early in the morning so we got to see the first rays of sun hitting the water coming from behind us ... It was the coolest thing ever ... Oh yeah, and I skipped a rock like seven times ... I know, way sweet right? So that was way good. The next day we got our new tools and it was way sick ... we are now showing all of our investigators ... even people we find when we are housing videos of the apostles and the bible videos that introduce our church ... it's pretty cool.

The only down side is that we have to be at the church to use the internet, so we have to come here a lot more now ... it's pretty nice though.
So we got some way sick hats from some of our investigators
and mine is Green !!!!!!!

So we went to visit some members one night. And there was NO snow ... but for some reason gravity decided to take me down a couple notches that day ... so I'm standing on my pedals and going down this hill, when all the sudden I'm just on the ground ... Bleeding from my knee a little bit ... but the worst part was that my pants ripped and my bike light got broken ... ... along with my heart ... the light was so sick … and red ... and now it's shattered ... and I'm crying … I’m totally fine though ... but then, coming home we got totally lost ... and so we stopped this girl (the only person we could see for miles) and we were like where is Inage Eki? And she was all like "Inage? Bruddah that's like way the heck over there!" And pointed exactly opposite of where we were going ... so she showed us to shun Kemigawa and then we were able to make it home ... AT 9:07 … I was so heartbroken ... we didn’t get home before 9:00 … barely not obedient. Hurts. My. Soul.  But we tried really, really hard ... We got back and I couldn't move my legs we had ridden so fast. Hopefully she comes to eikaiwa and we were meant to get lost to invite her to come unto Christ ... If not, then I just fell off my bike, got us horribly lost, and arrived late for no reason ...

So not much else has happened this week ... we always teach that in heaven we were all brothers and sisters right? But recently I haven't been thinking about it like that. But today actually I realized that everyone, not just our fellow ward members were with us too right? And who knows what happened in heaven when we were with those people? What promises did we make to them before we all came here, who did we promise to come and find? Who did we promise to never forget? Recently we have been thinking a lot about power as a mission, and how missionaries get power. Power to teach. Power to find. Power to bring others to Christ. I personally have decided that it all comes down to motivation. Why are we all out here, why are we talking to these people that we don't know? Why are we with the roommates we have? Why is the crazy guy down the street always, always asking me to help him out? Why do all the crazy happen stances always force me to branch out and bring new people into my life? Why does everything happen?

Because God knew what we would need to do in this life to help bring His children, our brothers and sisters back to him. If one of your children never made it back from school or some other learning opportunity, we would all be so devastated, devastated beyond belief right? I've decided that that is how God thinks. If we are able to feel a small portion of his love for all of his children, then we would be so much more motivated to work on their behalf...

Kind of lame right? It all comes down to love ... I feel like Dumbledore, but I guess he's kinda right? So my goal is to be more loving ... I hope you all try to do the same.

Love you all so much and pray for you all daily. We're going to hit a recycle shop right now, but I'll back for a little bit later on!!!
Love Elder Gridfithfkdkrkwlfmlxkdkgja
5383 4841

No comments:

Post a Comment